Short Escape: Cebu’s Mini Amsterdam

Who would not want a taste of Amsterdam? Yes, you read it correctly. A mini Amsterdam located in Sirao, Cebu City. I was amazed by the awe-inspiring beauty of nature shared by a friend on social media and I found out that it was just a few minutes away from the city. So together with my friends, we went to Sirao. At first, we were hesitant because we heard that it will be harvested on that same day. But there’s no harm in trying, they said.:) After few minutes of travel, we arrived in the place and saw the 5000sq meters celosia farm. Entrance fee is P20 and you can picture all you want. And please..be careful not to step on the flowers.

IMG_4374.jpg

Short Info about Celosia:

The plant is an annual. Seed production in these species can be very high, 200โ€“700ย kg per hectare. One ounce of seed may contain up to 43,000 seeds. One thousand seeds can weigh 1.0-1.2 grams. Depending upon the location and fertility of the soil, blossoms can last 8โ€“10 weeks. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celosia

IMG_4448.JPG

IMG_4432

How to get there?

Public Transpo- From JY square, you can ride a habal-habal. Just tell the driver that you’re going to Sirao. The fare is 200 back and forth.

Private Transpo- From JY, take the road going to Mt. View. You can always ask the locals in case you don’t have google maps.:)

If you still have time, you can drop by other nearby attractions.

1. Temple of Leah
  2. Kan-irag Nature Park
  3. Tops Cebu
  4. Mt. View

Advertisements

10 thoughts on “Short Escape: Cebu’s Mini Amsterdam

• The Travel Buff March 14, 2016 / 2:12 am

Just tell me if you’d like to visit Cebu.:) I currently live in the city but my hometown is in Moalboal, also known for it’s beautiful beaches. I can even accompany you if you like. ๐Ÿ™‚ ^_^

• hismissingprincess March 14, 2016 / 2:41 am

Awwww. Really? Thank you! I’ll let you know! Haha *fc mode* ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ve seen a lot of good pictures of Moalboal!

Liked by 1 person

1. wanderlustwarjie March 14, 2016 / 1:21 am

I’ve been in Cebu last year and I regret I haven’t searched enough when I went there.

Liked by 1 person

• The Travel Buff March 14, 2016 / 2:06 am

Hi there!:) The flower farm is already there for quite a long time but it only became famous just last October when a blogger from Cebu posted it on social media.:) Don’t miss this when you visit Cebu again.:)

• wanderlustwarjie March 14, 2016 / 5:20 am

That’s why :p I went there a month before it went viral. I’ll surely visit that when I return there!

Liked by 1 person

2. babyruthbeer March 26, 2016 / 3:14 pm

This place is too cute!! Is this in North or South? Coz I’m going to Cebu in a few months, I haven’t started planning my itinerary yet but I wanna go to Oslob and if this place is somewhere near I might drop by! ๐Ÿ˜‰

3. cbholganza June 4, 2016 / 7:52 pm

Haven’t been here yet! My friends were here and they say I missed 1/2 of my life for not coming with them. ๐Ÿ™ Now, I have 3/4 more na lang kuno. ๐Ÿ˜